Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Egyptian Museum and Aswan

On Monday morning we had a leisurely breakfast at the Intercontinental City Stars Hotel in Cairo.   We then drove by bus to see the Egyptian Museum.  It was very interesting and we saw the display of King Tut's treasures and artifacts.  We then flew on a chartered jet to Aswan which is down in the South of Egypt by the Aswan High Dam.  Today was a lot of traveling to get down to Aswan but then we finally arrived to our beautiful Cruise Ship "ALyssa" and had a very lavish buffet for dinner.  Wow....there goes our diet!   I have been so impressed with this tour because it is so well organized and the tour guides are excellent and so is the service.  I have never felt unsafe or worried because they are taking very good care of us.
     Tuesday morning we had to get up 5:30 and be out to get on the bus by 6:30.  Southern Egypt is much warmer so the guides wanted to get an early start to go see some of the ancient Egyptian temples.  We saw one in Aswan called the Philae. We went by motor boat to see this temple because it was on an island.  We came back and had a wonderful lecture by John Madsen about Egypt'srole in the history of the house of Israel from Abraham to the Savior.  He is an outstanding lecturer and we feel like we are learning so much.  We then went to an even bigger temple around lunchtime and then tonight we went by horse and carriage to the temple of Horus in Edfu.  That was beautiful going to see it at night.  These temples are full of idols with a lot of counterfeit efforts to mimic the Priesthood of God and the Holy temples of God.
     The food on the cruise ship is amazing and I had Dad take some pictures which I will share later.  I haven't had enough access to load pictures on the blog but I have sent some individual ones to your emails.  This experience has been so amazing and I feel so blessed to be here!   I would love to have you all here with us!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you're having such a great time! Keep enjoying yourselves! You guys deserve it. :)

Wendy McNiven said...

I agree with what Sarah said. Have fun!