I am sorry I don't have any pictures yet but we just arrived to our BEAUTIFUL hotel in Cairo. Friday morning we got up at 3:30 and then drove to Ken's office where we had a taxi waiting. We left our car at his work and off we went. We flew to LA then changed planes and flew on to NYC where we had a 5.5 hour layover. We joined with our tour group and flew 11 hours overnight to Amman, Jordan where we had about a 45 minute layover and then a 40 minute flight to Cairo. It has been a long journey and I can't believe I am sitting in a hotel room in Cairo, Egypt.
I didn't know what to expect from our tour exactly but this first hotel is absolutely gorgeous. It reminds me a little of the resort we stayed at in Cancun. I will take some pictures in the morning. I have been very impressed with the tour so far. It is very well organized and the people are very friendly. There are people from all over. I thought it would mainly be people from Salt Lake City but there are people from Oregon, Conneticut, Virginina, New Zealand, Kentucky to name a few. They are mainly older people but there are two really cute couples that are a brother and sister and their spouses. The one couple has a six year old and two year old and both couples are from Pocatello, ID. So they will keep all of us old folks hopping:).
We slept quite a bit on the plane and we are so excited for tomorrow with the activities planned. We are going to visit the Cairo Museum which houses the greatest collection of Egyptian artifacts anywhere in the world, including King Tut's treasures. We are also going to visit a Mosque and the Citadel. I will blog more tomorrow night and add some pictures. Dad and I are very excited!
There is a family here with the parents and four children with all their spouses. I think a trip in the future with all you children and spouses sounds like a fun idea:).
Our tour guide is John Madsen and this is his 8th trip over here. He is very friendly and I believe we will learn so much from him. Anyway I wanted to check in and let you know we are alive and well. Many of the people said that their relatives and friends were telling them they were crazy for coming. I heard from the trip organizer not one person cancelled so hopefully we will all be safe and have many wonderful stories to tell!
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yarcSo glad that you are safe. We miss you and will keep you in our prayers!
Yay!!! How fun! Get pictures up asap! :)
Glad you made it safe and sound! We're excited to see pictures. Hope the jet-lag doesn't affect you too badly!
Very exciting! Be safe, we love you!
Can't wait to see your pictures! I am glad you have the opportunity to go on such a fun trip.
Aunt Marlene, it sounds like an adventure of a lifetime. :)
Aunt Marlene, it sounds like an adventure of a lifetime. :)
Post a Comment