Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 August cousin Lance Astle wedding

 Ken and his uncle Lynn out by the pool.  Ken barbecued one night when the family came  for Lance's wedding.  We were so excited to have some family come visit from Utah.  We are always the recipients of every one's kindness and it was fun to be the host and hostess.  We love our family and miss them so much.  Shelly, Kelly, Lindsay, Ira, Lynn and Marian all stayed with us Thursday through Sunday.  We went to the Oakland temple on Saturday and witnessed Lance being sealed to Annie Clark.  It was a very beautiful day in Oakland.  When I met Annie's mother I thought she looked familiar.  She came up to me after the ceremony and said she remembered me from Acappela choir when we sang together at BYU.  It is such a small world in the church. It was fun to see her beautiful and talented family.  Annie is a harp major at BYU and she and Lance will make quite the pair with Lance on the cello and Annie on the harp. 

Ken and I out by the pool.
Ken's cousin Kelly and Aunt Shelly relaxing after a tiring day of driving and car problems.
 Cousin Lyndsay

Annie said she loved everything about Lance except the way he dressed:). She said he would need to make some changes and she was going to help him.  I thought he looked very nice all cleaned up in the suit Annie picked out for him.  Here is Lance with his proud mother.  She was so happy for him to find Annie and marry her in the temple.


Shelly and I at the Oakland temple. Lyndsay and Ira are below.

Cousins Lindsay and Kelly
Three sisters Andrea, Kelly and Lindsay

Shelly Astle and family
Lynn and Marian

Ken and Marlene thinking back on our wedding in the Oakland temple 35 years ago on August 19th!  I am so blessed to be married to the love of my life for all eternity!  It just keeps getting better. 



 Uncle Lynn and Aunt Marian
 Lance and Annie Astle

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun pictures! I'm so happy for Lance. He's such a great guy.

Heidi Worsham said...

Mom, you're blogging too much... I thought for sure I could keep up with your blogging pace (you know, like once or twice a year), but now I'm not so sure! ;)
You and Dad are so cute and SKINNY! Way to go! :)

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Heidi you are too funny! I will go back to my once or twice a year if you really like! Actually with this new camera I am having so much fun blogging. I have to keep doing it or I will forget how to do it:). Last night it took me forever because I thought I had it/then I lost it/then I found it...oh boy I have to run to keep up with all you amazing bloggers!

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for blogging.

Wendy McNiven said...

What a beautiful day for a wedding! I'm so happy Lance found someone. You and Dad look very great!