I have decided I need to blog more often. I have wanted to add lots of pictures and make it look so fun but I decided to just write for now. I last blogged about Thanksgiving. I am going to recount some of our December. Ken and I were able to go visit Wendy, Mike, Kenneth, Shannon and Vanessa the first week-end of December. It was so much fun because I was able to see their wonderful family and their house all decorated for Christmas! The children were wonderful and we went to their Stake Conference and even sang in the choir that Wendy directed. She is a wonderful director and it was nice to sing with all of their Stake choir members.
On Deceber 16th Ken and I flew into SLC for Katie's wedding. It was a very fun week-end and we were able to go see the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert! It was a very cold night but the music warmed our hearts! The next night we drove to Orem to listen to Sarah sing the Messiah with the Deseret Chamber Singers directed by Tim Workman. I love the Messiah and we enjoyed listening to the beautiful voices. Heidi came also and afterwards we went out with everyone for ice cream on that snowy night. Saturday we attended the temple and it was a beautiful ceremony. The Sealer spoke about this life and the importance of families and how the sealing power that binds us all together is why this earth was created! It was so nice to be reminded of that eternal truth. That night we attended Katie's beautiful reception. Weddings are a giant family reunion! We love all of our Utah family and miss them. The next day Sarah and I sang "Oh Holy Night" in her ward and Heidi accompanied us. I love to sing with Sarah and any or all of my lovely daughters. It is delightful to make music with such great musicians. Ken, Heidi and I all flew home that evening to California.
A few days later Sarah, Jeremy, and Eli arrived and we celebrated Christmas. One day I picked my mom up and brought her to our home. We had invited some people over from the ward and our good friends the Conover's for dinner and singing. It was a fun evening of friendship, food and music. Music is what makes me feel the spirit of Christmas the most. My niece Trace was so sweet to take my Mom home for me. She has been so kind to my mom and helpful with her. Steve was able to come up for the evening as well. It was nice to have three of our children home for the Christmas season.
The day after Christmas Sarah, Heidi and I sang "I wonder as I wander" in church. It was a nice arrangement that we had to modify it for SSA. Again I have to say how much I enjoy singing with my daughters. Everone commented on how mature and beautiful Heidi's voice has become. I totally agree! We were so sad to see Sarah and Jeremy go home. Little Eli brought a sparkle to our home. We enjoyed out short visit from them and were grateful they could come.
I have to say at the end of this post how much I love my family. I get so sad sometimes thinking of all four daughters so far away and I miss the grandchildren. I am thankful for Steve being close and enjoyed going out to lunch with him a few weeks ago. We had a nice talk afterwards. When I am sad about everyone being far away I remind myself of all of our blessings. We are so blessed to live in a time when communication is so available. I love to talk with everyone on the phone, read your blogs, receive your emails and texts. The world is getting "smaller" and it makes the distances easier to bear.
I have been reading the book about President Monson. I have been so touched by the love that he has for the Lord and all people. I am reminded of something that was said to him. There are three things that really matter in this life...Love for God, love for family and love of friends. I am so thankful for our Lord, our family and our friends.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah for your blog post! You have such talented Kids Marlene! You are a great mom and in-law,
Rob
Aunt Marlene, I appreciated your update on your family. Yes, I too am so grateful for the ability to communicate easily when living so far from home. For whatever reason my life probably will never be the chance to live close to my parents in proximity. (Just because of what Kevin does) but I am grateful to talk to them and e mail and fly home to see them. Especially since moving to TX 2400 miles away. I miss my family. But I am grateful to be an eternal one. I have a blog too. www.chubbypumpkins.blogspot.com It is so fun to keep up with everyone through the blogs. :) Love Ya, Dana...
Hey, Mom, I haven't checked your blog in a long time. It's fun to read about everything!
Post a Comment