I just got back from our Young Women in Excellence tonight. I have recently been called to be the Laurel Advisor in our ward. I was so impressed by the sweet spirit in the room and the great young women that we have. All the leaders decorated the room so beautifully and it was a great program. At the end they had asked my husband Bishop Astle to give the closing remarks. I was so impressed with his powerful spirit. The reason I wanted to post this on the blog however were the kind words he said about his four daughters Amy, Wendy, Sarah and Heidi. Ken is by nature a quiet man (probably because I talk too much :) and since he has been the Bishop I have seen the mantle of the calling manifest itself in so many ways.
He spoke about how he was raised in a very "boy" home and then in our home it was much more "girl" oriented. He spoke about his sweet daughters and how they were such accomplished young women. I could feel the love he had for each daughter and then he talked to all the young women about their worth in the eyes of the Lord. He spoke to them about how sometimes their self-esteem can be low when they compare themselves to others. He spoke about the love the Lord has for each one of them and the difficult years of youth. I was so touched by his words he spoke and the spirit was so strong. I am so grateful to be married to such a righteous man and one who honors his priesthood. I miss him when he is away so much but I am thankful to have him serving to the needs of the ward.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow mom. I'm impressed by your blogging abilities. :) Sounds like you had a nice night!
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I love you and Dad.
I about fell over when I saw on Sarah's blog that you had another post! WOOOOHOOOOO mom- WAY TO GO!!
Okay-sorry.
That was such a sweet post. Thank you for sharing. I have been thinking about what you said the other about how you don't feel like you ahve anything exciting to blog about. I have been wanting to tell you that your blogs don't have to have a ton of pictures, they can just be some of your reflections. And lo and behold- you beat me to it. That was a great post and so uplifting. Love you mom!!!!!
Post a Comment