Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Jersey trip

I had a great visit in New Jersey with Wendy, Michael and their family. Wendy and Mike had a week-end get away in New York City and asked me to come and baby-sit. That was an interesting experience with a nursing baby. The children were very sweet and so well behaved. We all survived it! Vanessa was a trooper even though she did not take her sippy cup or her bottle. Wendy and Mike and their family have a wonderful spirit in their home! It was conference weekend and the kids snuggled in with me with their blankets and we watched
it together. They not only watched but they listened as well. They loved to sing the hymns that they knew and we had lots of fun together. The children were so cute and we took many long walks in the beautiful fall weather. It was fun to spend time with them in New Jersey. I am so sad that they are so far away but thankful that we have telephones, blogs, email and planes to make the distance seem a little shorter.




3 comments:

Wendy McNiven said...

Oh wow, those pictures are so cute! I'll have to copy them into my files, since we don't have any of those. We had so much fun with you here, Mom, thanks for coming. And by the way, I guess you don't remember, but you actually volunteered to baby-sit, and I quickly took you up on your offer! :)

linda said...

Being a grandma is the best, isn't it?

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Cute cute pictures!!!!!